Monday, August 22, 2011

Yard-Sale - Getting Ready!



In my opinion, a home should be a place everyone feels comfortable.  This can be tricky as, what is comfortable to one, may not inspire the same feeling in another.  Take my house for instance. The boys are very comfortable with junk everywhere; it makes them feel at home.  I, on the other hand, need a sense of inner-peace when I am home...clutter gone, order abounding..you know what I mean.  Guess who wins the war on feeling at home?  

As a goal of mine this month is to de-clutter, I decided to host a tag-sale.  The boys were put to work on sorting out toys, dress-up costumes and games they no longer want.   I gave the boys stickers and markers and had them sort out their own junk and put prices on them....(giving the okay first!) 



Remember I had actually created a pathway between the junk so we could access our house through the garage?  Here is my nice little walkway:


The bed is like-new but we have been really lazy trying to sell it.  Some of those toys haven't been in a child's hands for years!!!

More sorting and labeling....this part took about an hour....just with the items you see in the picture.  Kids can be so meticulous over the junk they would never play with but just might want to keep...just in case!!!





As well as tackling my closet, I also paid a visit to my in-laws' house and took away all the things we have been storing there for several years.   They very kindly offloaded a huge pile of their own unwanted items too.  The nice little walkway is no more!!  Now I have to sort through this lot!



And this!!!!

I cannot wait until Saturday!!!!  

By the way, the whole thing is not just to give me peace of mind over clutter.  We are raising money for CureSearch, an organization that provides much needed money for research for pediatric cancers.  We lost five of our little friends over the last couple of weeks to a variety of childhood cancers and it will be in their honor.  This is the reason the clutter has not just been taken to a charity shop...that would have been so much easier, but my heart is with the children!

Jack and Sammy will also host a Lemonade Stand which I am hoping will keep them busy and stop them noticing some of the toys I'm slipping into the sale!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yard Sales are a lot of work but they are also a lot of fun! ;) Thanks for stopping by WomanlyWoman.com. You also might like BlogTipsByLiz.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuddos to you for the garage sale. I havent the patiences for such a thing. I know the garage nightmare well. I have been dealing with one for a very long time. I finally got it so I can now go through things and get rid of things I no longer want or need at all or pass on to the kiddos.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how daunting it must be. But just think of how you'll feel come next week when it's all gone and you have raised money for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...