Monday, August 1, 2011

What A Yoke!


As a way to get back into Saturday Centus, I have to think of a post of no more than 100 words that is connected in some way to the picture looming above.  I am going for the leaping before looking approach....wish me luck:

What A 'Yoke'

She carried it with extra care,
So lovingly to the table.
Her family all gathered round,
Excited for the breakfast staple.


Then from great heights,
With whoosh and flap,
The great bird swooped right in.
The family fry-up soon became
A 'yoke' fit only for the bin.




Ouch!

17 comments:

  1. Great job !

    Very vivid and original prose packed with so much in so few words...nicely done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a teaser!!!...good to have you back.I hope she more yolk up her apron or some hungry, angry mouths would be snapping her alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Broken eggs make such a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hardest thing in the world to clean up, for sure!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rek, Jabblog and Sue,
    Thanks for dropping by. I couldn't resist going for the obvious on this one.
    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What funb! Great take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice...love your poetry, and the story woven in...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha. the yokes on him. great great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a mess! You made it so visual and tactile that I could almost feel the sticky yolk on my hands. Great Centus!

    Namaste.........cj

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this, so visual, so imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very visual. Like I was actually sitting ther!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  13. No ouch! This was great! Visual and lyrical.

    Loved it!

    So nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this poem. It's cute and funny, but also well-crafted.
    Thank you for your kind words about my SC-post.
    Sorry that I am so late with my comments.
    Best wishes,
    Anna

    For the benefit of other readers:

    'John Tell, expert on tourism' Anna's SC wk 65

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great build-up to the disappointing ending. I really liked this one, Gems.
    xoRobyn
    PS Thanks for the follow too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...