Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let me Introduce....



No...I'm not starting a Blog-Hop or anything that elaborate...I'm not that adventurous!  But I am going to try something just to see how well it works.  I hope everyone benefits from it in their own way; be it in finding a fellow blogger with a common interest, increasing their following, or getting ideas for their own posts.

The main idea is:
  • I will introduce a follower and explain what I like about their blog, a brief synopsis, and any other pertinent details I feel should be included.  
  • I will provide a link to the blog.  
  • You may then, if you wish, visit the featured blogger and peruse their site.  Now, many of us head straight for the meme we are working on and don't read much else from the blog....try having a look around.  I fell into this category for a while and then devoted more time to reading blogs and discovered a plethora of wonderful information or interesting facts, and beautiful photographs! 
  • Hopefully, you will want to follow the blogger and let them know about yourself.  Please let them know you were introduced by me...but there is no need to link back.  
  • If you enjoy my blog, you can also mention me to your readers.  If they become followers, I can feature them one week.

Today I'd like to introduce a blogger who has saved my sanity on many occasions.  Galen Pearl writes over at her blog, 10 Steps to Finding Your Happy Place.


The blog itself offers very gentle guidance on ten steps Galen feels will help us be happier:

10 Steps
1. Give yourself permission to be happy.
2. Decide if you want to be right or happy.
3. Give up the delusion of control.
4. Feel your feelings.
5. Make haste to be kind.
6. Judge not.
7. Practice compassion.
8. Forgive everyone.
9. Develop an attitude of gratitude.
10.Be here now. 

We have been taking the journey together, as have many of her followers, and the steps are discussed, analyzed, suggestions are given as we take on the journey.  

The most valuable aspect of the blog, for me personally, is the lack of judgement or intolerance: each visitor may share their thoughts and ideas openly..safely...honestly...and without fear.  Any religious affiliation, or lack thereof,  is welcomed sincerely.  

Galen offers wisdom, opens up debates, and allows the reader to consider for herself what she will take form the reading.  I have not always agreed with Galen...and she has not always agreed with my responses, but neither parties ever feel wrong.  

I have never been to a retreat to find inner peace, but this blog is as near as you can come to it in the blogging world.  This is my serenity!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea.

    Thanks for that.

    I love your blog and will visit Galen's now too.


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored to be your first profile. You know I'm a big fan of your blogs (and of you personally), so this is a big deal to me! I appreciate your perspective on my blog. Isn't it interesting to see ourselves reflected back through someone else's eyes?! I'm so humbly pleased that my words bring some small degree of peace and inspriration into your life. It's small payback for the courage and inspiration I get from you!

    Thanks again and I look forward to meeting some new folks. I hope your readers will take your suggestion to stop by and introduce themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...