Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Wave

Beautiful vision of power.  Swirling and dancing with bright light from within...yet it is merely a reflection, bouncing back from the clear water...illusion.  Might is great, force is strong.

Yet mill-pond still the rest of the ocean lies, waiting for the mammoth to descend....crescendo!

Do I dare take on this wave?  Is the mighty force the challenge I need...to drive myself forward into the spray, unable to pull myself away?

Will the force be too strong for my small being?  Will I be swallowed whole, engulfed in this deadly beauty?  What will become of me?  I do not know, yet I want to go in there and be free!

Will life allow me to be more daring?  To live with the spirit to take on the day?  To live with the willingness to risk my comfort...live outside the familiar...to take on the wave?

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece. I can feel the power of the wave, and at the same time, feel the stillness of the water. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judie. I saw the picture and just wrote....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful piece written by a beautiful lady. You are a bright light.
    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thanks for your kind comment on my SC this week.

    Now, to this piece. Wow! Even without the photo, you painted a beautiful picture of the wave. I agree that the juxtaposition of the violence of the wave and the calm of the sea behind it makes for very good writing. I was drawn into the writer's inner conflict, and that also makes for good writing.

    Thanks for this read.

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn and CJ, thank you both for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Sometime pictures do not require words...this one did not, but I just had to put something down anyway!
    Happy writing!
    Gems xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the questions that make you think as a reader, and really absorb the photo. Digging this blog and seeing you venture into "unknown waters/waves". YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. S...I am so glad you found me....who knows what I'm doing but it is fun! Hurry up and post will ya! I'm missing your posts like crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...