It doesn't have to be this way....but it is. I am not sure where the fault lies, or if, in fact, there should be blame given at all. But the bottom line is depression is something that seeps into your very being, saturating you with darkness, denying you small moments of pleasure, and robbing you of the opportunity to function as a human being. Doctors try concoctions, therapists nod with sympathetic understanding....while you fade away.
It doesn't have to be this way...but somehow there seems to be no other way to be.
Jenny Matlock over at ...off on my tangent gave us 100 words to work with today. The prompt is in bold.


OMG! This is such a sensitive piece, and so very true. That's all I can say.
ReplyDeleteA very meaningful and helpful use of the prompt!
ReplyDeletePoignant and beautiful. Well done!
ReplyDelete=)
I've lived it so I know that place where you are comimg from.~Ames
ReplyDeleteOh Ames, I am so sorry you know this place. Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.
ReplyDeleteVery thoughtful words. Sad but real for many people who suffer with it. Nicely done.
ReplyDeletesuch a sad post but one with so much truth in it. I do hope if this is a personal piece that you will find some comfort over the festive season.x
ReplyDeleteI know where your coming from. I still take a little white tablet everyday to keep me stable.
ReplyDeleteYup, I hear ya ... so well written ....beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThis was me last year at Christmas time. And maybe the year before that. And maybe the year before that too. I'm better this year. So much better. I hope that you find healing and joy this season and always. Wishing you peace and bubbles of happy that rise to the surface just waiting to get out. xoxo
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for such wonderful words and sharing your own experiences.
ReplyDeleteGems xxx
Depression is such a difficult thing. It takes so much willpower and energy to combat that we are often left exhausted and gasping for breath before the day even starts.
ReplyDeleteI wish we could sit together in a warm coffee house and share thoughts on this...I have many...and a long, long 'to do' list awaits me at the moment.
Bless you for sharing this.
I suspect we all suffer from some degree of this shared disease.
Sending a warm hug of admiration and comfort your way!
Well I certainly can't say I'm alone anymore...you are all so wonderful in sharing your own feeling and experiences...thank you so much! I have so much to be grateful for...that keeps me going :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year,
Gems xxx