Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Centus - Easter Bunny

Jenny Matlock has provided us with a pictorial prompt for our Easter offering this week.  Totally befitting Easter, we have this charming vision with which to compose a storylet of no more than 100 words.  Wish me luck people, I'm gonna need it!



As they settled into their first year of marriage, the couple were preparing for Easter.  Having no kids of their own, Emma decided to volunteer with Jack for the local Youth Club Easter Parade.  She would help on the stalls and he could dress as the Easter Bunny.  

The morning of the parade, the costume arrived.  "Finally," shouted Jack, who was thinking he would be the most boring bunny ever with hand-made ears and a bobtail - just because the real costume was late. 

"Let me see it when it's on," Emma shouted up the stairs....silence.  "Jack, let me see...oh!"
Stunned...Jack stood there with a pout on him and an attitude that clearly said, "No way in h#ll, darling, no way in h#ll!"  

14 comments:

  1. whoa...wonder what happens next...will she let him saunter around in the "no way in h*ll" costume or leave him at home, to brood and pout. Enjoyed the imagery. Happy Easter in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, sweet story about young marrieds. You suceeded very well. And it's PG!

    Thank you for your comment about my story. Yes, it is a tricky prompt. It would be easy to let it get out of hand and not be PG. But I am going to write the rest of the story a little farther down on the same post. So you only have to do is use the same link and scroll down past Mrs. Jenny Matlock's instructions, to the second part of the story.

    Give me some days to do it though. I promised Jeff Campbell that I would finish the story.

    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone had their sights on something else in the bunny cross hairs and sent the wrong suit. :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes. that could happen. I loved this. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great. I'm laughing at his exclamation of "No way in h#ll." Who could blame him.
    Be well, friend.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. April 24th, 2011
    Hi,
    "Part two" is now ready for viewing! All you have to do is scroll down after the first part.
    Anna
    Use the same link:
    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally ... a man with sense ... take it off and burn that ugly costume.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, love a man with a sense of personal dignity!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good job !
    Now that is a smart guy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone....I am enjoying reading all of yours...getting round as many as I can. Some are funny, some are very unexpected...love reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a total original. What a funny use of this picture prompt.

    So different and so believable.

    I could really visualize each part of this little gem of a story...and it felt like something that actually happened.

    This was my favorite so far...but shhhh.... don't tell anyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...