H is for Happiness. I have a lot to be happy about. A great family, a good job, wonderful friends, and generally a good life. I went to a concert last night and had a blast, I watched my son win his little League game this morning, and I have blogging time while Daddy takes my other son swimming.
I enjoy spending time with family, time with friends and time alone. Sometimes Happiness can be found when you least expect it. You might expect a having a child with a severe illness would mean nothing but heartache…but it is not always so. I am so happy when I see my son running around (okay, limping in his own special way) as he plays with his friends. There is joy in seeing this and appreciating how far he has come despite his illness.
I am happy when my eldest son, now a big third grader, comes up and gives me a big hug and kiss without me begging for it. Oh, he does this at home all the time, but in public, not at all….so when he does, I am ecstatic!
I am happy when my husband does something completely unexpected, “just because”. Knowing my love for all things Pearl Jam, he surprised me the other day when our local Boarders was having a closing sale. He saw a book on the band and called me to see if I had read it…I had, but I felt so warm and happy inside, just because he had thought of me.
Life doesn’t have to be full of expensive ‘things’ to make a person happy. My life is as complicated as they come right now, and we don’t have a ton of money to blow on ‘having fun’. I do have my majorly down days, times when I despair. But I am also happy with the things I do have. That makes me feel blessed, not everyone appreciates or takes the time to notice these things.

This post makes me HAPPY. I hope you had fun last night at the concert. Which one???
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you and wishing you well.
Great to see this wonderful post.
xo, Shannon
Hi, this is a wonderful post..
ReplyDeleteSometimes we need to know that we don't need lots of things to make us happy..being with the people we care for & who cares for us can make us happy too..