Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Centus - I'm Not A Chicken

To get back into the swing of things I moseyed down to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus page to dabble in some prompted writing again.  I've been missing the fun of trying to come up with something that almost passes as writing and sharing with fellow writing bloggers.

Well, typical me...I go and try to get back into things just as Jenny decides to throw us a curve ball and ask us to come up with a rhyming poem with the line "Im not a chicken" somewhere in the 100 word limit!!!

Gulp!  I have no idea if I can do this..the dog in the Wonder Woman outfit nearly put me off writing for life...but here goes:

Ten minutes later......nada!

Okay, I can do this...I really can....I think!

When life throws some dirt,
Right at your shirt,
Just stand up and shout,
"Whats all that about?"


Don't tarry in dealin'
With things that help healin'
And never be shy to say to THAT guy....
Give me wings, and for certain, I'll fly!


And sometimes it's fittin'
To say, "Im not a chicken!"
To be who YOU want to be.
And say..."Hey world, I am ME!"


Dr. Seuss I am not!  Oh well....I actually believe in the message.  (My hubby isn't THAT guy though...he's amazing!)

Enjoy,
Gems xxx

16 comments:

  1. OMG! Hahahaha! This is so great! You really nailed it, sister! Those guys--what the hell do they know anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judie....when ya can't think of things to write...write from the heart!
    Gemsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done ! Love the thought behind the poem too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back to blogging! This was really good Gems, i enjoyed it so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am me too! It's nice to meet another me!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you certainly made a splash with your re-entry! This was really well done, I enjoyed the verse and the sentiment very much! Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it, very inspirational:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done....Inspirational....loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so clever and sensitive - I love it.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my pitiful poem..............cj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great comments everyone. I dreaded this prompt but have really enjoyed reading everyone's poems. Some are so funny I belly laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really well done! This chicken poem through a lot of us for a loop this week but you pulled (or shall I say pullet) it off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you stuck with this prompt. A wonderful message came out of it. Nicely put!
    xo, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! Reminds me of his "Places you'll go" poem. I like the message.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well said! I'm glad THAT guy isn't your husband:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh girl. I'm so sorry. The dog in the costume was a tough post and this wasn't much easier, but you totally rocked this.

    I really liked your message and the whimsical way you protrayed it!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think about my musings, constructive criticism and alternative viewpoints welcome. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...